- How Sleep Loss Adds to Weight Gain
- Nine Reasons to Get More Sleep
- Sleep and Economics: How Lack of Enough Sleep Affects Your Productivity
- How to Take a Better Nap
- What Your Body Does When You Are Sleeping
- Goal Setting – Wikipedia Definition
- Do’s and Don’ts of Goal Setting
- Health Action Process Approach – Wikipedia Definition
- Change a Habit by Setting Goals – WebMD
- Why You Shouldn’t Have a TV in Your Bedroom
- BMI calculator on WebMD.com
- Are you at risk for diabetes? Take this quick test from the American Diabetic Association to find out
Smoking Cessation Resources
Want more assistance with meal planning? Look below!
- Grocery Shopping List Templates
- Example of a Meal Planning App
- A list of recipe examples
- This site has a very detailed explanation of each part of a nutrition label
Two food diary/calorie counting Apps you may want to use to track your eating habits:
- 1) http://www.redbookmag.com/health-wellness/advice/my-food-diary#slide-1
- Find healthy/healthier options when dining at fast food and casual restaurants
Find a walking group in your area:
- “Meet Up” walking groups by location
- American Heart Association “My Walking Club” Groups
- American Volkmarching/Volkssport Association
To find a personal trainer in your area, use this online locator:
Here’s a great infographic that explains what the colors of urine mean:
How to Say No:
- World Map of Gratitude
- Appreciate the Moment
- Cultivating Gratitude
- Cultivating Gratitude in Children
- Robert Emmons discussing the power of gratitude
- This describes mindfulness in more detail
More Tension Tamers
These quick, online tests can help you find out if you are in a healthy relationship, figure out what kind of “love” you are wanting from others, and how best you interact with others after an argument.
After you take them, try to share the results with your loved ones and ask if they would like to take the tests and share their results with you.
- Relationship Health Profile Test
- What is your love language?
- What is your apology language?
- Meet Up is a good online resource for specific, topical groups in your area